I have just been nominated for the Liebster Award by Feeraa (check her out!) who I am so very thankful to. I am truly touched to have been nominated for this award 😀 As a new blogger (let alone a new nail blogger) it is so lovely to know that you guys view and like what I have to say.
Feeraa gives a great explanation of the Liebster Award and the requirements for entry. “You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them. The main rules are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs “
So here it goes!
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
- My favourite colour is purple
- My favourite flavours are cherry and cinnamon (not together!)
- I want to learn to ride a motorbike
- I love watching figure skating
- I like to read adventure fiction
- Hablo espanol (I speak Spanish..a bit)
- I design jewellery
- I’m rarely grumpy unless I’m hungry, in which case you better run! lol
- The Real Housewives are my guilty pleasure. (Its so bad but its sooo good)
- I HATE snails.Even having to type that word just made me feel a bit sick
- My favourite cartoon is ‘Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs’
MY ANSWERS TO FEERAA’s QUESTIONS
1. Why did you start your blog?
I’ve always been obsessed with nails. I regularly did my own manicures and would take photos of the looks I had created but then the photos just sat in my phone. I started my blog because I wanted to connect, share and discuss nails with others out there that felt the same.
2. Where is your favourite city?
My favourite city is my hometown, London. I’m not a global traveler by a long shot, but I have visited a few places and for me, London still takes the top spot. It’s a busy place with lots going on, but you can still find quaint ornate places to rest in. It has beautiful architecture and is at the heart of fashion and style.
3. If you had to take part in a reality show, which one would it be?
Haha. This is a great question! Um, let me think…if I had the lifestyle, probably The Real Housewives of Orange County. Those ladies crack me up! Plus you have the beautiful weather.
4. What’s you favourite cheese?
Not a huge fan of cheese on its own. (On pizza, fine) Parmigiano Regiano (otherwise known as Parmesan) grated over pasta pomedoro, YUM!
5. What’s the most embarrassing item of clothing you’ve ever worn?
Ever? Like in my whole life? Probably these Mickey Mouse grey leggings. They literally had about a hundred Mickey Mouse faces all over them. I was 8 when I wore them, so I can pass on the blame 😛
6. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“Time waits for no-one” . I interpreted this two ways – Life can go by really quick so it’s important to do as much of what you like as possible. And also to get things done quickly, don’t procrastinate and waste time.
7. Coffee or tea?
Starbucks Tall Caramel Machiato. Oh wait that’s not real coffee. Peppermint tea, then (gosh, I’m so picky!)
8. What was your first pet?
A goldfish! I was so excited when I first got it. Although, I don’t think I gave it a name or even knew what sex it was. When it passed away I made a whole funeral service for it which everyone had to attend.
9. Beach holidays or city breaks?
Beach, please! Sun, sea and spas…I like to be relaxed when I’m on holiday and take a break from the norm. I see buildings and busy streets all day long, so I need a beach in order for it to feel like a holiday as opposed to a break (which doesn’t sound halfway as liberating)
10. Where are you right now?
11. Steak or chicken?
Chicken. You can do a lot more with it and it doesn’t leave you feeling as heavy as you would after a steak.
THE BLOGGERS I’M PASSING THE AWARD ON TO
Finding 11 bloggers to nominate seemed a challenge at first because there are so many blogs of yours that I love, plus the restrictions on the number of followers you can have, and of course you can’t already have the award.
The following bloggers that I have nominated for the Liebster Award are those that I believe are dedicated to their blog and who have created posts that I have enjoyed.
Here they are:
MY 11 QUESTIONS TO THOSE I’VE NOMINATED
- Was creating your blog an easy decision?
- Favourite thing about writing your blog?
- Watch TV or surf the net?
- Hit ‘da club’ or catch a movie?
- If you could be any public figure/celebrity, who would it be & why?
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- Sweet or savory (food)?
- If you were invisible for the day, what would you do?
- Who/what is the one person/thing you can’t live without?
- If you could be anywhere else other than where you are now, where would you be?
- What is your favourite day of the week?
Thank you for the Award! 😀