Back in a mid-December post I mentioned that Nail Luxxe had been nominated for some Awards. As I had been away and out of the loop, I felt that I should write on those Awards at a later point. Since Award season is back in town, now seems the right time to talk about those and the recent Award that I was nominated for.
Thank you to all who have nominated me for these Awards. Nail Luxxe is extremely special to me and I am always happy (if not a little amazed!) to receive these nominations. Those who have nominated me are as equally deserving of the Awards they have nominated me for, if not more so! So please do look at the links because their blogs are worth checking out.
Versatile Blogger Award
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
As per the requirements of the Awards, here are 7 random facts about moi:
1. When buying a new phone, it’s vital that I have a catchy phone number (e.g. 223 223) so the lovely staff bring out a bunch of SIM cards for me to vet until I’ve found the perfect number
2. When I grow up I want to be just like Stephen Fry. The man is ridiculously intelligent and yet manages to maintain a humble, down-to-earth nature.
3. I am disappointed in the state of children’s TV today. I genuinely believe today’s generation have missed out (e.g. Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Power Rangers, Doug, Sweet Valley High, Saved by the Bell, Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
4. I love baking and will not rest until I can master one of Michel Roux Jr’s recipes
5. To some degree, I could be described as a minimalist. I like tidy, organised spaces
6. I want to start doing that ‘word of the day’ thing (where each day you are presented with a new word and have to find some way to use it in a sentence) but never get round to it
7. This is my lucky number
The Sunshine Award
As per the requirements, here are answers to the questions Me and JD’s Nail Art asked:
1. Why did you start your blog?
A lover of all things nail related, I needed an outlet to share it with like-minded people
2. If you could have any job in the world what job would it be?
To be an exclusive personal stylist
3. If you won euromillions jackpot (min 13mil) what would you buy?
I would donate at least 40% of my winnings to charity. The major purchases would be a home, a holiday home, a new car. Then I would take all my friends and family on an amazing holiday, shopping sprees and all that silly stuff!
4. What’s your perfect Sunday?
Waking up without an alarm
5. Ice cream or sorbet?
Ice cream! Definitely Ice Cream
6. North or South?
North or South what? lol 😛 I’m gonna pick South as in South Pole
7. Best thing about Christmas?
Ah, see I chose the right answer above. Um..that fuzzy festive feeling
8. Guilty pleasure?
Reality TV. I mean, like, I know it’s making me stupider, but like, I totally just can’t get enough of it, right? Like totes addicted.
9. Favorite piece of clothing/shoes/etc?
A silk printed jacket from Zara which I have yet to wear. Summer hurry up so I can wear it!
10. Any regrets or wishes from you past. Things you should have done but didn’t or wanted to?
I should have taken motorbike lessons when I had the chance, now there’s just no time!
THE BLOGS THAT NAIL LUXXE HAS NOMINATED FOR AWARDS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO THE RECIPIENTS
Bloggers that I am nominating for the Versatile Blogger Award / Very Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows:
I chose your blogs because you have shown that you have worked very hard to maintain your blog, blogging frequently, which isn’t always an easy thing. In order to receive the Award all you have to do is nominate another 15 blogs that you think are deserving of either the Versatile Blogger Award or the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and let them know. You can find examples of how it works by looking either here (Versatile Blogger Award) or here (Very Inspiring Blogger Award)
5 Bloggers that I am nominating for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
I chose your blogs because not only are they wonderful, but they capture an element of fun and personality which keeps me coming back to see what else you’ve gotten up to. Annnnd because of this, there are a few questions which you have to answer in order to receive the Award. All you have to do is answer the questions below, nominate other blogs that you think should receive the Sunshine Award, let them know and come up with 10 questions for them to answer. You can find examples of how it works by looking here
1. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
2. Flowers or chocolate (gift)?
3. Relaxed beach holiday or crazy city break get-away?
4. Favourite thing about blogging?
5. Beauty product you can’t live without?
6. Most embarrassing song on your ipod/in your music collection?
7. One thing you hope to achieve in the future?
8. Best thing you purchased in the last 3 months?
9. Describe your blog using ONLY three words
10. Thing/person/memory that puts a smile on your face after a tough day?
A massive ‘thank you’ again to those who nominated Nail Luxxe and for those that I have nominated, you more than deserve it, so enjoy 🙂